- This event has passed.
From Here to There
June 28, 2022 - September 10, 2022
You won’t want to miss this fun, interactive and educational exhibit coming from the Sciencenter in Ithaca, New York!
How do we move things on land, sea and air? Float on a Hovercraft chair! Move your boat through an authentic canal lock system. Send colored balls zooming through air tubes! Feel the friction! Lift weights with pulleys, levers, pneumatics and hydraulics! Discover the laws of gravity and motion!
From the Sciencenter, learn the following in this unique exhibit:
- Gravity and motion affect transportation.
- Friction affects bodies in motion: more friction results in slower motion; less friction results in faster motion.
- Air pressure can move heavy objects, such as a Hovercraft.
- Hot air rises and makes a hot air balloon go up.
- A canal lock system can raise and lower boats.
- Changing the position of a rudder, sail or wing will make a boat or airplane change direction.
- Changing air flow affects the movement of wings.
- Pulleys, levers, pneumatics and hydraulics can lift heavy loads.
- Magnetic forces allow trains to float in the air.
We anticipate many visitors for this exhibition. We kindly ask that for groups of 5 or more, please schedule a tour to ensure adequate staffing and the best possible visit to the Museum. For more information or to schedule a tour call 620.846.2527. Business hours for the Stauth Memorial Museum are: Tue – Sat 9-12, 1-4:30. Closed Sundays, Mondays & all major holidays. Admission is free, but donations are greatly appreciated to help with the costs to host this and other amazing exhibitions.